My name is Janine and I am one of the Primary Special Education Teachers here at Riverway Learning Community. This will be my third year teaching here and I couldn't be more excited to see all of the students and help them grow into independent, strong people.
- I have been married to my husband Mike for seven years. We met while we were both in high school and have grown closer every day since.
- We have two wonderful children together. Kiyah is 5 years old and is in Kindergarten. This will be her third year at Riverway and we couldn't be more excited to see the continued growth and friendships that she has made in the past. Cashius is 3 years old and is joining us at Riverway this year as a Pre-Schooler in the 3 year old program. He is excited to start his school adventure in the best school there is!
- We have a two year old dog named Stella. We adopted her about 1 year ago and she is a mix between a Pit Bull and a Dalmatian. She is energetic, fun-loving, and a great snuggler!
- Mother nature helps me find the best in my self. It is a key way for me to destress after a long day. Whether it be hiking in the hills, sitting on my deck watching a sunset, playing outside with my kids, or watching/listening to a storm; that is where I am most relaxed.
- I have traveled minimally in my life; I have managed to visit Scotland and England. Both of those countries are beautiful to visit and have wonderful stories to share with the world.
- I have a sister who is two years older than me and lives in the cities with her husband.
Why I wanted to Teach:
- Since I can remember, I have always been thriving to help children in my life. Whether it be through babysitting, playing, volunteering at events, or just entertaining my younger cousins - Kids have been, and still are, my life.
- Moving into the 3rd grade, I met the teacher that would inspire me to become who I am today. Through her ways of gentle, caring guidance, I knew that is what I wanted to do.
- Throughout my High school and college careers, individuals with different abilities blessed me in my life. I began to seek out jobs that I could give back to them, help them gain skills, and enjoy life through their own eyes.
- I graduated from Winona State University with a degree in Special Education focusing on Learning Disabilities and Developmental Disabilities. I knew I had found my passion in life and look forward to see all of the skills the students will gain over the course of the time they are with me.