Every challenge provides opportunities. COVID -19 is providing the following opportunities to all of us.
- Connect with your body. It is time to find balance with our work and our physical activity. Find ways to exercise and eat healthily. It is the only body that we have.
- Connect with your loved ones. There is no reason for not picking up the phone and calling the people that you love. You can always email or use Google Hangout. You never know what the future will bring.
- Connect with your mind. Take the time every day to meditate. The times we live in are stressful and a healthy mind, helps you have a healthy body. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to do breathing exercises.
- Connect with what matters. In a time of a crisis, we all have the opportunity to reinvent ourselves. If your work does not bring you joy, it is time to find something that does. Find a purpose or find something that provides services to others. I promise it will make you feel different when you are making a difference.
- Connect with Nature. It is beautiful out there. We have all chosen to live in Winona for different reasons and we all see nature in different ways, but you cannot mistake how beautiful the area we live in is. Birds are migrating; Flowers are coming back to life, time to start planning gardens, and maybe get chickens in your backyard.
Governor Walz closed all brick and mortar schools until May 4. What that means to our Riverway Community.
- Education is going to be delivered in a Distance Learning model. This is already happening, please keep asking questions if something is not working. Make sure you thank a teacher for their commitment and creativity to find ways to help our students. It is only going to get better with time.
- Food service is still providing 120 meals a day between breakfast and lunch. Kate Foerster, Mary Jane Bigelbach, Jaime Harper and Brianna Haupt are the superstars that are making this happen.
- Childcare is happening for essential workers in Tier 1 and Tier 2. I don’t have young kids anymore, but if I did, I would love for Sonja, Kam, Kendra, and Laura to care for my kids.
- The staff that is not involved with DL, food services, and childcare will work on the beautification inside and outside of our facilities to make sure that when we open our doors again, we look better than ever to welcome our students.
- If you need anything, please reach out to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- General CDC fact sheets to help staff and students’ families understand COVID-19 and the steps they can take to protect themselves:
- CDC Information on COVID-19 and children